- Consultation meeting for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy – 2020
- Training on Mining Surveillance System
- Low Cost Sanitizer Tunnel developed by C.G. Council of Science and Technology (CCOST)
- Successfully organized Science Quiz Competition in different Districts of the State in the year 2019 - 20.
- Successfully completed several Projects in Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre.
- Activities / Projects completed under Central Laboratory Facility (CLF).
- National Children Science Congress - 2019 organised at District, State and National level.
- Successfully organized Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress - 2019
- Projects Presented at National and State Level Children Science Congress - 2018
- Achievements of the Council under Popularisation of Science Scheme
Western India Science Fair
Western India Science Fair is supported by Chhattisgarh Council of Science & Technology to stimulate students from standard VIII -XII to take active interest in Science, Engineering and Mathematics and to provide a platform to nurture their creativity. The fairs further aim to provide an educational experience by exposing them to the judges and the public to give confidence and public recognition for their work. Science fairs are organized by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) on yearly basis. For students two competitions Individual Projects and Team Projects and for teachers Teaching Aids competition is organised at Block, District, Zone and State level and the selected one participate in Western India Science Fair.
Who can participate?
Students from standard VIII to XII from Indian school can participate in the Western India Science Fair through the Block / District / Zone / State level competitions.
Topics for the fair
Physics: Theories, principles and laws governing energy and the effect of energy on matter - solid state, optics, acoustics, particle, nuclear, atomic, plasma, super conductivity, fluid and gas dynamics, thermodynamics, semiconductors, magnetism, quantum mechanics, biophysics etc.
Computer Science: Study and development of computer hardware, software, engineering, internet networking and communications, graphics (including human interface), simulations / virtual reality or computational science (including data structures, encryption, coding and information theory).
Mathematics: Development of formal logical systems or various numeral or algebraic computations and the application of these principles - calculus, geometry, abstract algebra, number theory, statistics, complex analysis and probability.
Engineering: Technology, projects that directly apply scientific principles to manufacturing and practical uses - civil, mechanical, aeronautical, chemical, electrical, photographic, sound, automation, marine, heating and refrigerating, transportation, environmental engineering etc.
Environmental Science: Study of pollution (water and land) sources and their control, ecology etc.
Bio-Chemistry: Chemistry of life processes - molecular biology, molecular genetics, enzymes, photosynthesis, blood chemistry, protein chemistry, food chemistry, hormones etc.
Chemistry: Study of nature and composition of matter and laws governing it - physical chemistry, organic chemistry (other than biochemistry), inorganic chemistry, materials, plastic, fuels, pesticides, metallurgy, soil chemistry etc.
Earth & Space Sciences: Geology, mineralogy, physiography, oceanography, meteorology, climatology, astronomy, speleology, seismology, geography etc.
Botany: Study of plant life-agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, forestry, plant taxonomy, plant physiology, plant pathology, plant genetics, hydroponics, algae etc.
What is expected?
Considering the high level of competition at various stages and prestige of the fair, the projects must have innovation, uniqueness, originality, quality and research potential which would reveal something new. It must be investigatory in nature. The researcher must maintain a diary of stages of experimentation and data. Help of a research scientist, teacher or parent could be taken as a guide.
List of year wise State Level Selected participants:
- State Level Selected Participants (2019-20).....Click here
- State Level Selected Participants (2018-19).....Click here
- State Level Selected Participants (2017-18).....Click here
- State Level Selected Participants (2016-17).....Click here
- State Level Selected Participants (2015-16).....Click here
- State Level Selected Participants (2014-15).....Click here
- State Level Selected Participants (2013-14).....Click here
19th Western India Science Fair-2020
Dr. Premsai Singh, Hon’ble Minister, Dept. of School Education, Govt. of Chhattisgarh observing Science Exhibit