- Assessment of Suitable Landfill Site Using Geospatial Techniques: A Case Study of Raipur Urban Region, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Information about the last 2 years of the Council's achievements.
- Organisation of State Level Orientation Workshop under National Children Science Congress - 2020 for District Coordinators and Resource Teachers
- Consultation meeting for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy – 2020
- Training on Mining Surveillance System
- Low Cost Sanitizer Tunnel developed by C.G. Council of Science and Technology (CCOST)
- Successfully organized Science Quiz Competition in different Districts of the State in the year 2019 - 20.
- Successfully completed several Projects in Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre.
- Activities / Projects completed under Central Laboratory Facility (CLF).
- National Children Science Congress - 2019 organised at District, State and National level.
- Successfully organized Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress - 2019
- Projects Presented at National and State Level Children Science Congress - 2018
- Achievements of the Council under Popularisation of Science Scheme
Technology Village Programme
Technology Village Programme :-
The concept of sustainable development envisages primary emphasis on manipulation and management of physical / natural systems not only to maximize yields but to stabilize the system and to minimize use of non-renewable input demands, thus representing an integrated approach of appropriate modern technology with traditional techniques. Modern day technologies have opened new vistas of development; integration of these technologies with traditional techniques can pave way for sustainable development of rural population and provide employment to rural unemployed youth, marginal farmers and laborers to discourage migration from villages.
Any development strategy of village development should constitute following factors:
- Sustainable agriculture with low cost inputs and improvement in productivity of land.
- Improvement of health and hygienic conditions in villages.
- Improved housing.
- Arrangement and induction of technology for additional income generation.
- Environmental protection and Promotion of Non-Conventional Energy.
- Water conservation / Water quality.
- Improvement in status of women.
Thus on a broad scale and with a view of achieving overall development of selected villages thrust areas identified are as follows:
- Environment protection
- Health and hygiene
- Self-employment and additional income generation
The basic objective of Technology Village vision is to improve the quality of living of rural population, alleviate poverty and unemployment through awareness, training and demonstration of proven technologies. To attain sustainable development a well thought strategy for rural development has been evolved. Village development vis-a-vis improvement of the conditions of rural life as well as productivity of the poor land will be the core of the development strategy and includes improvement in every sector that concerns village population like agriculture, housing, health, environment, unemployment & poverty.
The main objectives of the project are as follows:
- Identification of local specific problem and selection of technologies on the basis of the problem areas identified.
- Technology transfer or development.
- Large-scale field demonstration of proven technologies and establishment of demonstration and problem solving centre at the village level.
- Large-scale demonstration of low cost farming techniques viz. organic farming with the help of various biofertilizers and biopesticides.
- To undertake training and awareness building activities for adoption of technologies.
- To establish self-sustaining demonstration units of various technologies for its adoption as tool for self-employment and income generation.
- To develop the package of agricultural practices with the complete biotechnology input for different crops.
- To encourage and help villagers for setting technology based rural industries.
Established Technology Village Centres :
- Technology Village Centre Rampur, Dist. - Kabirdham
- Technology Village Centre Sirri, Dist. - Dhamtari
- Technology Village Centre Bhadha, Dist. - Bilaspur
- Technology Village Centre Pachawal (Sanawal), Dist. - Balrampur
Available Infrastructures for Training Programs:
|1.||Technology Village Centre, Rampur||
|2.||Technology Village Centre, Sirri||
|3.||Technology Village Centre Bhadha||