Patent Information Center
Patent Information Centre has been established with technical and financial support from the Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India under the aegis of Chhattisgarh Council of Science & Technology with the objective, to create awareness about Intellectual Property .Rights (IPRs) and enable patent searches, to analyze the patent information on a regular basis and suggest new programmes for R&D Institutions & to Guide the inventors in respect of patenting their invention.
Beneficiaries of Parent Information Center
- Researcher/ Inventor in Industry / R&D Organization / University
- Business Enterprise
- Consultants and Planners
- Financial Institution
- Indian Patent Database
- On-Line Search
- CD-ROM based patent search for European and US patents.
- IPR Bulletin: A quarterly bulletin published by Patent Facilitating Centre (PFC), (TIFAC), DST, New Delhi on Intellectual property Rights (IPR).
- The Gazette(s) of India relating to:
- Patents Act, 1999
- The Geographical Indication of goods (Registration and protection) Act, 1999
- The semiconductor integrated circuits layout-design Act, 2000.
- Copyrights Act, 1957; The Copyright Rule, 1958.
- Information Technology Bill
- Designs Act, 1999.
- Trademark Bill, 1999.
- Technical and legal support through TIFAC & panel of patent attorneys.
- Patent search and queries on IPRs from inventors
- Awareness on Filing of Patent, Copyright, Trademark, Geographical Indication and other IP applications.
Patent Information Centre of the Council has facilitated 13 Institutional patents for Pt. JNM Medical Colleg; Guru Ghasidas National University and Indira Gandhi Agriculture University. 17 patents have been filed for Individual and about 10 patents are under process of search and initial drafting.
09 copyright applications; 04 design applications and 08 trademark have been filed for applicants from academic and private institutions.
Patent Information Centre in previous years 04 workshops have been organized for awareness generation among the academicians, researchers, industrialists and artisans of the state. The glimpses of the workshop organized are as follows:
- EduSAT Workshop: In the year 2013 – 2014 IPR workshop for students of the state was organized using EduSAT network established by State Council of Education, Research and Training, Raipur. About 11000 Students of entire state were covered in this workshop as the workshop was telecasted using 232 Satellite Interactive Terminals of the state. The students were provided with IPR question and answer booklet in Hindi language in this workshop. The lectures were delivered by Shri R. Saha, Former Director, TIFAC, DST; Shri Y.D. Panwar, Director, TIFAC and Dr. B.P. Singh, RIIPR, Nagpur.
- Geographical Indication Workshop for artisans at Ambikapur, Surguja: A workshop for awareness generation regarding Geographical Indication was organized at Ambikapur on 6th March 2014. About 150 artisans of Godna, Bhitti Chitra, Terracotta, etc were sensitized regarding issues pertaining to GI.
- NIT Workshop: Targeting the engineers on issues of IP and Plagiarism in the state a Joint IP awareness workshop was organized on 4th and 5th April, 2014 at National Institute of Technology, Raipur. A total of 250 engineers and engineering faculty were sensitized in the workshop. Lectures on various aspects of IP and IP policy was delivered by Shri R. Saha, Former Director, TIFAC, DST; Dr. B.P. Singh, Assistant Comptroller General of Patents, New Delhi; Dr. Mangla Hirwade, RIIPR, Nagpur; Dr. Indira Banerjee, Attorney, LS Davar and Co., Kolkata.
PIC has published Question and Answer booklet on IP issues such as Patents etc. The link for which is given below:
IPR Booklet.....Click here
Further the following are the list of sites for IP enablement: