- Assessment of Suitable Landfill Site Using Geospatial Techniques: A Case Study of Raipur Urban Region, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Information about the last 2 years of the Council's achievements.
- Organisation of State Level Orientation Workshop under National Children Science Congress - 2020 for District Coordinators and Resource Teachers
- Consultation meeting for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy – 2020
- Training on Mining Surveillance System
- Low Cost Sanitizer Tunnel developed by C.G. Council of Science and Technology (CCOST)
- Successfully organized Science Quiz Competition in different Districts of the State in the year 2019 - 20.
- Successfully completed several Projects in Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre.
- Activities / Projects completed under Central Laboratory Facility (CLF).
- National Children Science Congress - 2019 organised at District, State and National level.
- Successfully organized Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress - 2019
- Projects Presented at National and State Level Children Science Congress - 2018
- Achievements of the Council under Popularisation of Science Scheme
Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress
Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology has launched this programme to promote the young talent of the State by organizing Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress every year. Young Scientist Congress is organized to mark the discovery of "Raman Effect" by Indian Physicist Sir Chandrasekhar Venkata Raman on 28th Feb 1928. For this discovery Sir Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930. The 1st Chhattisgarh Young scientist Congress 2002 was organised at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University on 2nd & 3rd September 2002.
Research papers are invited in the following disciplines
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Engineering / Technology
- Biology (Botany, Zoology, Chemical Biology)
- Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics and Biomedical
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (Geology, Geography, Meteorology, Oceanography etc.)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Architecture Engineering
- Computer Sciences, Electronics, Information Technology, Instrumentation etc.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical, Mechatronics and Production Engineering
- Environmental Sciences, Engineering and Forestry
- Home Science and Behavioral Sciences (Psychology)
- Life Sciences (Bioscience, Microbiology and Anthropology etc.)
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physics (Bio-Physics, Chemical- Physics and Geophysics, Astrophysics, Nuclear Physics etc.)
- Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Technology
- Mining, Metallurgy and Applied Geology
Consideration for participation:
- Age on Feb. 28 of the current year, should be below 32 years for male and 35 years for female candidates.
- Research experience of two years after obtaining post-graduate degree in the Science subjects listed above or bachelor's degree in case of Medical / Engineering / Technology subjects is the basic requirement.
- Original research paper with single authorship will be acceptable.
- The work carried out in the State of Chhattisgarh and not presented / published elsewhere, is essential requirement.
- Awardees of previously held Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress shall not be eligible for participation for a period of three years, from the date of last award.
- Kindly note that Plagiarism will be checked and summarily rejected, if found to contain plagiarised material.
Incentive to awardees:
- A certificate to recognize his / her research work.
- Cash prize of Rs. 21,000/-
- Single visit shall be provided for pursuing his / her research work in any National Laboratory, National Research Centre, recognized University engaged in advanced research in India for two months duration. Awardees will be eligible for TA / DA during their stay in research establishment as per the norms of the Council. He / She has to avail the facility within two years of receiving the award.
As a precautionary measure for the Corona virus (COVID-19), the 18th Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress scheduled to be held on 25th -26th March, 2020 is postponed till next information.
List of Awardees
- Click here to see list of Awardees year - 2019
- Click here to see list of Awardees year - 2018
- Click here to see list of Awardees year - 2017
- Click here to see list of Awardees year - 2016
- Click here to see list of Awardees year - 2015
- Click here to see list of Awardees year - 2014
Dossier of Young Scientist Congress Awardees
Lightening of Lamp by Shri Umesh Patel, Hon’ble Minister, Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of Chhattisgarh
Address by Shri Bhupesh Baghel, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Chhattisgarh
Gathering in the Inaugural Function
Group Photograph with the Young Scientist Awardees