- State Meet on "Promoting Space Technology based Tools and Applications in Governance & Development"
- Year of Scientific Awareness-2004
- Venue Transit-2004
- Regional Orientation Workshop on Microorganisms: Let us observe and learn
Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress
Popularisation of Science
The main objective of the Council's role is to popularize Science & Technology amongst the people of the State in general and younger generation in particular. The activities of the Council in Science Popularisation are carried out through a network of Coordinators in Agriculture and other Universities, Engineering Colleges, Medical Colleges, Science Institutes, and Tribal, SC/OBC Departments along with active cooperation of NCSTC, New Delhi, DST, NGOs and all other relevant Departments.
Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress
C.G. Council of Science and Technology has launched this programme to promote the young talent of the State by organizing Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress every year Young Scientist Congress is organized to mark the discovery of "Raman Effect" by Indian Physicist Sir Chandrasekhar Venkata Raman on 28th Feb 1928. For this discovery Sir Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 The 1st Chhattisgarh Young scientist Congress 2002 was organised at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University on 2nd & 3rd September 2002.
Research papers are invited in the following disciplines
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Engineering/Technology
- Biology (Botany,Zoology,Chemical Biology)
- Biotechnology, Biochemistry Bioinformatics and Biomedical
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (Geology,Geography,Meteorology,Oceanography etc.)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Architecture Engineering
- Computer sciences, Electronics, Information Technology, Instrumentation etc.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical, Mechatronics and Production Engineering
- Environmental Sciences, Engineering and Forestry
- Home Science and Behavioral Sciences (Psychology)
- Life Sciences (Bioscience, Microbiology and Anthropology etc.)
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physics (Bio-Physics, Chemical- Physics and Geophysics, Astrophysics, Nuclear Physics etc.)
- Veterinary Science,Animal Husbandry and Dairy Technology
- Mining ,Metallurgy and Applied Geology
Consideration for participation:
- Age on Feb. 28 of the current year, should be below 32 years for male and 35 years for female candidates.
- Research experience of two years after obtaining post-graduate degree in the science subjects listed above or bachelor's degree in case of Medical/Engineering/Technology subjects is the basic requirement.
- Original research paper with single authorship will be acceptable.
- The work carried out in the State of Chhattisgarh and not presented /published elsewhere, is essential requirement.
- Awardees of previously held Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress shall not be eligible for participation for a period of three years, from the date of last award.
- Kindly note that Plagiarism will be checked and summarily rejected, if found to contain plagiarised material.
Incentive to awardees:
- A certificate to recognize his/her research work.
- Cash prize of Rs. 21,000/-
- Single visit shall be provided for pursuing his/her research work in any National Laboratory, National Research Centre, recognized University engaged in advanced research in India for two months duration. Awardees will be eligible for TA/DA during their stay in research establishment as per the norms of the council. He/She has to avail the facility within two years of receiving the award.
List of Awardees
- Click here to see list of awardees - C.G. YSC 2017
- Click here to see list of awardees - C.G. YSC 2016
- Click here to see list of awardees - C.G. YSC 2015
- Click here to see list of awardees - C.G. YSC 2014