- Consultation meeting for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy – 2020
- Training on Mining Surveillance System
- Low Cost Sanitizer Tunnel developed by C.G. Council of Science and Technology (CCOST)
- Successfully organized Science Quiz Competition in different Districts of the State in the year 2019 - 20.
- Successfully completed several Projects in Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre.
- Activities / Projects completed under Central Laboratory Facility (CLF).
- National Children Science Congress - 2019 organised at District, State and National level.
- Successfully organized Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress - 2019
- Projects Presented at National and State Level Children Science Congress - 2018
- Achievements of the Council under Popularisation of Science Scheme
Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre
Effective utilization of natural resources and their management is essential and need is to catalyze the planning. Reliable and timely information on resources is pre-requisite for the development of a State.
GIS over the years have served a useful tool for decision support. Most of the information is not available in a form that they can be directly depicted spatially over various other layers. This information is mostly available in tabular format and spread over many departments. GIS and Remote Sensing allows us to transform information from various sources to one platform and enables decisions or planning exercises in a scientific and timely manner for the benefit of the target group.
Various State Departments are involved in data collection and survey of amenities related to the thrust areas of respective Departments. Data thus collected when viewed with spatial reference adds new dimensions to the visibility and understanding of the data.
The Government of Chhattisgarh, aware of the vast potential of the natural resources in the State and eager to develop a scientific system of monitoring, exploitation and management of its resources is in a process of establishing a Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre at Raipur under the umbrella of the Chhattisgarh Council of Science & Technology vide notification no. 148, 12 / 07 / 2004 with the following objectives:
- To carry out all work related to Remote Sensing Applications and GIS for the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To carry out work related to Satellite Communications for Training, Education and Health etc. for the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To take up the National projects within the State as well as outside the State.
Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre of Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology over the years has built in-house capacity to take-up tasks that are information intensive and require scientific data interpretation skills for resource mapping and GIS database creation.