Effective utilization of natural resources and their management is essential and need is to catalyze the planning. Reliable and timely information on resources is pre-requisite for the development of a State.
GIS over the years have served a useful tool for decision support. Most of the information is not available in a form that they can be directly depicted spatially over various other layers. This information is mostly available in tabular format and spread over many departments. GIS and Remote Sensing allows us to transform information from various sources to one platform and enables decisions or planning exercises in a scientific and timely manner for the benefit of the target group.
Various state departments are involved in data collection and survey of amenities related to the thrust areas of respective departments. Data thus collected when viewed with spatial reference adds new dimensions to the visibility and understanding of the data.
The Government of Chhattisgarh, aware of the vast potential of the natural resources in the State and eager to develop a scientific system of monitoring, exploitation and management of its resources is in a process of establishing a Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre at Raipur under the umbrella of the C.G. Council of Science & Technology vide notification no. 148, 12/07/2004 with the following objectives:
- To carry out all work related to Remote Sensing Applications and GIS for the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To carry out work related to Satellite Communications for Training, Education and Health, etc. for the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To take up the National projects within the State as well as outside the State.
Chhattisgarh Space Applications Centre of Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology over the years has built in-house capacity to take-up tasks that are information intensive and require scientific data interpretation skills for resource mapping and GIS database creation.
- Crop Acreage and Production Estimation (CAPE)
- National Wasteland Updating Mission
- Integrated Mission for Sustainable Development (IMSD)
- National Geomorphological and Lineament Mapping Project on 50K
- Space based support for Decentralized Planning (SIS-DP) project
- Groundwater Prospect Mapping under RGNDWM Phase -IV
- Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Sericulture Development Phase - 1
- Landuse /Landcover Mapping on 50K (2nd Cycle)
- Geotagging and Cadastral mapping of centrally protected monuments
- Groundwater Conservation and Management
- Natural Resource Evaluation: Mapping of Physical Features and Geospatial Survey: NTPC Talaipalli
- Mapping of Physical Features and Geo-Spatial Survey Using Remote Sensing and GIS for JSPL
- Topographical and Infrastructural Mapping for CG Coal & Power Limited of Nakoda Group
- 6 Second Grid Coding For Forest Ranges Of Chhattisgarh
- Web Based Geo Mapping of Assets & Database Creation for Masulpani Grampanchayat Narharpur Block of Kanker District
- Conversion of Raipur City Master Plan-2021 in GIS format
- Establishment of SIT for Outreach programme of IIRS, Dehradun
- Web Based Geo Mapping of Assets & Database Creation for Charra Village, Kurud Block of Dhamtari District
- DGPS Survey using High Resolution Satellite Image for the Different Boundary Demarcation in Chhattisgarh State : 9 for Private Mines, 7 Prospecting Blocks for DGM, 4 Prospecting Blocks for CMDC, 1 Prospecting Block for CSPGCL, 2 Forest Area Demarcation for NTPC, 8 Forest Area Demarcation for WRD, 2 Forest Area Demarcation for CGTB, 3 Forest Area Demarcation for Home Departments
- Ortho Rectification of 1 mts. resolution KOMPSAT -2
- Technical support for Establishment of Automatic Weather stations in the state
- Technical support to Forest Department for Selection of wetlands for conservation
- Location of Crop residue burning areas
- Land Degradation Mapping on 50K (2nd Cycle)
- National Wastelands Change Analysis on 50K
- Landuse/Landcover mapping on 50K (3rd Cycle)
- Empowering Panchayatiraj Institutions Spatially (EPRIS)
- Monitoring of Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) Watersheds using Geospatial Technologies
- Remote Sensing and GIS based analysis for Sericulture Development Phase - 2
- Mapping and monitoring of post Kharif Rice fallow lands
- Ground Water Quality Mapping Under RGNDWM (on 1:50,000 scales): NRSC, ISRO, Govt. of India
- Provides training using IIRS Outreach programme
- Sickel Cell Atlas
- Forecasting Agricultural output using Space, Agro meteorological and Land based observations (FASAL)
- Develop Hardware Infrastructure and Populate Bhuvan State Node with updated sate datasets
- Operationalize lightning Sensor Network System for the state
- Transformation and Geo-refrencing of Village Cadastral on 1:10,000 scale
- Wetland inventory of the state for Forest department
- Pre-feasibility study for iron ore deposits in the identified blocks in Chhattisgarh
- Canal Alignment and Redistribution of command area in Dharaseo irrigation
- Technical Support to IWMP project of SLNA, Panchayat & Rural Development Dept.
- Technical support for MGNREGA environmental benefit Programme (GiZ)
- DGPS Survey using High Resolution Satellite Image for the Different Boundary Demarcation in Chhattisgarh State (for different Govt. Dept.)
- VILLAGE INFORMATION SYSTEM (VIS) for 'E' Governance: DST, Government of India
- Space Based High Resolution Remote Sensing Study For Identification Of Potential Zones For Ground Water Development In Severe Drought Effected Villages Of Chhattisgarh State (on 1:10,000 scales): PHED, Government of C.G.
- PHED Geo Web Portal Generation for Ground Water Inventory of Chhattisgarh State: PHED, Government of C.G.
- Geo referencing, Digitization and Database Creation for Cadastral Map of Gap area in Chhattisgarh State: Land Record Dept., Govt. of C.G.
- IIRS Outreach programme of Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (ISRO): NRSC, ISRO, Govt. of India
- Feature Extraction of Parcel / Plot Boundary and Building Outline Layers of Urban Area Using Aerial Photo (on 1:500 scales): Land Record Dept., Govt. of C.G.