Chhattisgarh Research Centre (Central Laboratory Facility)
Brief about the Facility
Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology has established a state of art Central Laboratory Facility (CLF) with the following major objectives:
- To provide state of the art instrumentation facility to research community in the State.
- Serve as an incubator for specific research programmes pertaining to the modern science and application oriented research.
- To cultivate the instrumentation culture in the scientific community in the State.
- To provide the Animal Testing Facility for performing research with animal models for all researchers, academicians, innovators of the State.
- To ensure capacity building.
- Serve as testing facility and also play instrumental role in development of industry in the State.
- Encourage IPR ideology amongst Industry, R&D institutions and Academia.
The laboratory not only provides state of art instrumentation facility to the researchers, academicians, entrepreneurs, industrialist and innovators but also Support / undertake research, design and developmental projects, establishes interface between Industry, R&D institutions, Academia, Traditional knowledge owners and Society and serves as testing facility thus play an instrumental role in development of industry in the State.
One of the major objectives of the CLF is Capacity Building that is Human Resource Development in area of sophisticated and advanced research instrumentation. This would not only improve the status of research & development in the State but also provide the trained manpower to excel nationally and internationally. While the training would provide a hand on practice on state of art instruments, it also inculcates instrument culture in the research scenario in the State. Further modular training facility in the domains of Animal Handling & Animal Model Research; Water Testing; Tissue Culture Training etc. are also being provided in respect to the need of the academicians, researchers and students of the State.
Facility available at CLF
Under the CLF the major analysis techniques available presently for R&D and testing work are:
- Spectroscopy: UV-Vis, NIR, FTIR, Flame Spectroscopy, Mass Spectroscopy.
- Chromatography: Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, Layer Chromatography.
- Microwave Sample Preparation System.
- Animal Testing Facility
- Along with other ancillary equipments and lab requirements.
The major equipments presently available with CLF are UV-Vis, UV-Vis NIR, FTIR, Atomic Absorption Spectrometer, Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer; Gas Chromatography, Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometer, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, Over Pressure Layer Chromatography, Microwave Sample Preparation System and other ancillary equipments etc.
Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrophotometer
Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrophotometer
High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
Fourier Transform Infra Red Spectrophotometer
Over Pressure Liquid Chromatography
Domains of Central Laboratory Facility
CLF in accordance with its customary domains will extend testing facility in various fields such as: Agriculture, Archaeology, Bio energy, Biotechnology, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences & Geology, Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences, Material Sciences, Medical Sciences, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Pharmaceuticals (Photochemical / Herbal Industry), Physical Sciences, and Other areas / fields / sectors relevant to the State.
Activities under Central Laboratory Facility :
- Physiochemical analysis of more than 20,000 water samples from different area of Chhattisgarh State was completed.
- Physico-chemical analysis of water samples have been carried out for Ph.D, Dissertation work, Private Indenters, Government Departments viz Department of Forest.
- 12 Ph.D work have been completed and 06 Ph.D research work is on-going. Students from NITRR, Raipur; MATS University, Raipur and Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur (M.P) are pursuing their research work using the instrumentation facility of CLF
- 220 major and minor dissertation works have been completed from different Colleges of the State as well as nearby States and at present 29 major and minor dissertation of students are under progress.
- Training Program: 30 Students of Microbiology and Biotechnology from Rungta College of Science and Technology, Bhilai, Durg has been completed 15 days training program on “Tools and Techniques of Microbiology and Biotechnology”.
- Animal study of Rice for Anti-diabetic efficacy on STZ Induced Type –II Diabetes in Rat Model and establishing their Glycemic Index (GI) for Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur and Pharmacological Screening of Bone Fracture Healing Activity of Different Extracts on Rats Model for Guru Ghasidas Central University, Koni, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh has been completed.
- Blood samples under the ICMR project functional in Bastar area received from National Institute of Malaria Research have been tested for G6PD estimation.
- Biocompatibility test, Animal and Human trail is in progress through Etica Clinpharma Pvt. Ltd for Pt. J.N.M.M. and Dr. BRAM Hospital Raipur.
In an effort to widen the knowledge spectrum and enabling exchange of ideas and make available the instrumentation facility in the overall interest of the State Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with the following:
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
- Indra Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur
- Government D.B Girls College, Raipur
- Dr. Radha Bai Government Naveen Girls College, Raipur
- Shri Rawatpura Sarkar Institute of Pharmacy, Kumhari, District - Durg
- Etica Clinpharma Pvt. Ltd., Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur